No Longer Bound to the Law But Struggling with Sin
- While in the flesh, we are sinful.
- The Law brought sin to light.
- Is Law sin? Absolutely not?
- Jesus died for our sins. So we have an advocate. We need only to confess daily.
- v24 - Wretched man that I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death?
- v24 - Thanks be to God through Jesus Christ our Lord! So then, I myself serve the law of God with my mind, but with my flesh I serve the law of sin.
Hebrews 12:1-2 v1 Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, we must get rid of every weight and the sin that clings so closely, and run with endurance the race set out for us, v2 keeping our eyes fixed on Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of our faith. For the joy set out for Him He endured the cross, disregarding its shame, and has taken His seat at the right hand of the throne of God.
- We have a starting place and an ending goal: eternal life.
- We Christians are not visitors or tourist but participants as we journey toward eternal life.
- Look unto Jesus, the Author and Finisher of our faith.
- Serving the Lord does pay off.
- God's Word is what we need to sustain us.
- We Christians are in a marathon not a sprint.
- We must press toward the high mark.
- We should apply ourselves with purpose: a kind word; a warm hug.
- Conquer the power of evil using the Word. We are more than conquerors.
- We must endure hardship with patience.