Colossians is a book of connections. Paul, while in prison in Rome wrote to combat false teachings, which had infiltrated the Colossian church.
- Mercy is an intervention that we should all avail ourselves.
- The fruit of the Spirit is full but we, in our humanly flesh, are still growing.
- God qualifies the chosen!
- By the will of God, means that He had attained His high office though "NO" human means whatsoever.
- Paul, was set apart by God and did not need to consult any man.
- Grace is God's spontaneous and unmerited favor in action. You cannot earn it or buy it.
- Do not be anxious about anything but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your request to God. (Phil. 4:6)
- Jesus is the Son by nature. We are children by adoption.
- Only Jesus has the right to call God "my father" and make the claim "The Father and I are one."
- The Colossians' faith was strong and the grace of God was evident in them. Paul thought this was a great and wonderful testimony.
- The faith and love that spring from the hope that is stored up for you in heaven and that you have already heard about in the word of truth, the gospel...
- Faith, hope and love have their source in heaven.
- Prayer and asking God to fill you with knowledge of His will through all spiritual wisdom and understanding, is always needed.
- Where we were, as unbelievers, being ruled by the powers of darkness, we were going about doing the will of the evil one. But now, by God's grace, we have been moved into the kingdom of light, into the kingdom of the Son.
- He preceded the whole Creation, and He is Sovereign over all Creation.
- Isaiah 44:24 - "Thus says the Lord, your Redeemer, and the one who formed you from the womb, "I, the Lord, am the maker of all things, stretching out the heavens by Myself, and spreading out the earth all along."
- Once you were alienated from God and were enemies in your minds because of your evil behavior.
- But now He has reconciled you by Christ's physical body through death to present you hold in His sight, without blemish and free from accusation
Ecclesiastes 3:1 - There is a time for everything, a season for every activity under heaven.
Matthew 4:18-19 - One day as Jesus was walking along the shore beside the Sea o Galilee, He saw two brothers, Simon, also called Peter and Andrew, fishing with a net, for they were commercial fishermen. Jesus called out to them, "Come, be my disciples, and I will show you how to fish for men."
Topic - "The Next Season" Click on LINK to hear blurbs from sermon.
Ecclesiastes means preaching
- We need to follow God's will and our lives need to revolve around the "Son" Jesus Christ
- We need to look forward to the next season because with the new season comes "change"
- There are going to be trials and weeping but joy comes in the morning