Sunday, February 1, 2009

A Home Going
















Weep Not for Me

Weep not for me though I am gone into that gentle night.
Grieve if you will, but not for long upon my soul's sweet flight.
I am at peace, my soul's at rest
There is no need for tears.
For with you love I was so blessed.
For all those many years.
There is no pain, I suffer not, the fear now all is gone.
Put now these things out of your thoughts, in your memory I live on.
Remember not my fight for breath, remember not the strife.
Please do not dwell upon my death, but celebrate my life.


This was one of many readings from the Home Going Celebration for Cornelia Gould Huckaby.
Cornelia was always surrounded by people who loved and cherished her. With her vivacious personality, everyone flocked around her. Cornelia was a loyal church member, Stewardess, soprano in the choir, Class Leader and member of The Heroines of Jericho.
To her children, she was known as "Madea." She was asked once at a Homecoming by a Pastor, the whereabouts of her kids. She responded, "They're on their way because I told them to be here." She was an excellent cook and was always ready to serve others.
Of course, she will be sorely missed but we'll all meet up again, soon.

No comments:

Brown Chapel African Methodist Episcopal Church & Cemetery

Our Gospel is:
J-oyful in tone
E-arnest in spirit
S-atisfying to the soul
U-plifting to all
S-ane in its appeal.
Welcome to Brown Chapel A.M.E. Church blog.
We invite you to leave comments whenever you see the "Comments are Welcome" area at the end of each post. You can also email us about information that you, the viewer, might have concerning our church history or just to keep in touch with us. Finally, we also, encourage you to become a "Follower" of our blog! This allows you to be notified when a new post appears.

Videos

Please note: Some of the videos in this blog will appear blackened. This means that the video is only recorded in audio (no picture).

Slide Shows

If you are having trouble viewing each "show," click on the "X" at the right-hand top of each show to get rid of the ads.

Church Family

Veterans