Sunday, September 22, 2024

September 22, 2024

 Welcome from Brown Chapel/Avant, Mt. Pleasant & Shiloh

Prayer: Pastor Baggett

Scripture: Matthew 11:28 - Come unto me, all ye that labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

Subject: How to Handle Our Burdens

  • God can bring us to our knees which allows us to be humble. Being humble makes us more attuned to God's word.
  • Trials & tribulations are going to come our way.
  • When trouble comes our way, we start to worry.
  • Philippians 4:6 - Be careful for nothing; but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.
  • John 14:1 - Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me.
  • Then we call on so-called friends.
  • Then we try to run away from our problems.
  • And finally, we may lash out, blame others.
  • We need to transfer our burdens to Jesus. Jesus is the answer.
  • Take our burdens to the Lord and leave them there.
  • Jesus is the Good Shepard.
  • Psalms 231 The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.

  • 2 He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.

    3 He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.

    4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.

    5 Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anoints my head with oil; my cup runs over.

    6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever.

  • Our Lord and Savior can work in our lives if we allow Him to.

  • Ephesians 3:20 - Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us.  

  • Romans 8:28 - And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.

Roll Call:

Pastor Baggett

Thelma W.

Debra W.

Willie & Bonnie T.

Eddie J.

Evelyn H.

Ginger R.

Clark M.

Violet W.

Gina L.

Rhonda L.


Closing Prayer: Pastor Baggett

No comments:

Brown Chapel African Methodist Episcopal Church & Cemetery

Our Gospel is:
J-oyful in tone
E-arnest in spirit
S-atisfying to the soul
U-plifting to all
S-ane in its appeal.
Welcome to Brown Chapel A.M.E. Church blog.
We invite you to leave comments whenever you see the "Comments are Welcome" area at the end of each post. You can also email us about information that you, the viewer, might have concerning our church history or just to keep in touch with us. Finally, we also, encourage you to become a "Follower" of our blog! This allows you to be notified when a new post appears.

Videos

Please note: Some of the videos in this blog will appear blackened. This means that the video is only recorded in audio (no picture).

Slide Shows

If you are having trouble viewing each "show," click on the "X" at the right-hand top of each show to get rid of the ads.

Church Family

Veterans