Sunday, July 28, 2024

July 28, 2024

 Welcome from Brown Chapel/Avant, Mt. Pleasant & Shiloh

Prayer: Pastor Baggett

Scripture: 1 Samuel 13:13-14 - And Samuel said to Saul, You have done a foolish thing: you have not kept the rules which the Lord your God gave you; it was the purpose of the Lord to make your authority over Israel safe forever.  But now, our authority will not go on: the Lord, searching for a man who is pleasing to him in every way, has given him the place of ruler over his people, because you have not done what the Lord gave you orders to do. & 2 Samuel 11:14-15 - Now i the morning, David gave Uriah a letter to take to Joab. And in the letter he said, Take care to put Uriah in the very front of the line, where the fighting is most violent, and go back from him, so that he may be overcome and put to death.

Subject: How Did I Get Here?

  • What situations do we find ourselves in?
  • Complacency - lose passion or sight of a goal 
  • 2 Samuel 8:13   David become famous.
  • I will bless the Lord at all times: his praise shall continually be in my mouth.  (Psalm 34:1). This was said by David and yet he drifted away for a time.
  • Becoming careless - losing the excitement
  • As new Christians, we are on fire for God & later on, down the road, we lose the excitement & the newness wears off.
  • Compromising values - making poor choices
  • You must become closer to Christ.
  • Choose you this day whom you will serve. Joshua 24:15 
  • David's prayer to the Lord:
  • Psalms 51:1-12

Have mercy upon me, O God,
According to Your loving kindness;
According to the multitude of Your tender mercies,
Blot out my transgressions.
Wash me thoroughly from my iniquity,
And cleanse me from my sin.

  • For I acknowledge my transgressions,
    And my sin is always before me.
    Against You, You only, have I sinned,
    And done this evil in Your sight—
    That You may be found just [a]when You speak,
    And blameless when You judge.

    Behold, I was brought forth in iniquity,
    And in sin my mother conceived me.
    Behold, You desire truth in the inward parts,
    And in the hidden part You will make me to know wisdom.

    Purge me with hyssop, and I shall be clean;
    Wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow.
    Make me hear joy and gladness,
    That the bones You have broken may rejoice.
    Hide Your face from my sins,
    And blot out all my iniquities.

    10 Create in me a clean heart, O God,
    And renew a steadfast spirit within me.
    11 Do not cast me away from Your presence,
    And do not take Your Holy Spirit from me.

    12 Restore to me the joy of Your salvation,
    And uphold me by Your generous Spirit.

Roll Call:

Pastor Baggett

Rev. I Pelton

Willie & Bonnie T.

Eddie & Marina J.

Thelma W.

Clark M.

Ginger R.

Evelyn H.

Violet W.

Rhonda L.


Closing Prayer: Pastor Baggett

No comments:

Brown Chapel African Methodist Episcopal Church & Cemetery

Our Gospel is:
J-oyful in tone
E-arnest in spirit
S-atisfying to the soul
U-plifting to all
S-ane in its appeal.
Welcome to Brown Chapel A.M.E. Church blog.
We invite you to leave comments whenever you see the "Comments are Welcome" area at the end of each post. You can also email us about information that you, the viewer, might have concerning our church history or just to keep in touch with us. Finally, we also, encourage you to become a "Follower" of our blog! This allows you to be notified when a new post appears.

Videos

Please note: Some of the videos in this blog will appear blackened. This means that the video is only recorded in audio (no picture).

Slide Shows

If you are having trouble viewing each "show," click on the "X" at the right-hand top of each show to get rid of the ads.

Church Family

Veterans